FC6 Pre-release (Test4)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 7 02:16:24 UTC 2006

George R. Goffe wrote:
> Will Woods <wwoods <at> redhat.com> writes:
>
>> Greetings!
>>
>> I know many of you have had problems installing FC6t3. Let me offer my
>> apologies, and my sincere thanks to you for *trying* to help us test
>> Fedora Core.
>>
>> We still want your help! In order to make that happen, we've decided to
>> do an early release of pre-FC6 disk images. They will only be available
>> by bittorrent, in order to save us time waiting for the mirrors to sync.
>>
>> This release should fix the most common bugs preventing installation of
>> FC6t3, including:
>>
>> #206913: Anaconda exception on upgrade from FC4
>> #206876: GRUB claims initrd is too big for memory on x86_64
>> #208080: ahci/ata_piix mixup causes Anaconda to not find SATA disks
>> #206453: installed x86_64/ppc system missing initrd, cannot boot
>> #206202: Anaconda traceback during lvcreate on ppc64
>>
>> ...and others.
>>
>> We'll make an announcement when the images actually become available.
>> Let me know if there are any questions.
>>
>> -w
>>

> Will,
>
> I appologize for bothering you but I'm trying to do some testing on my newly
> kickstarted fc6t3 system. I went to the repo file in
> /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates-testing.repo and changed enabled=0 to enabled=1.
> All I get is an error (see below) when I do yum update. I've been searching for
> the solution to this and it's how I found this posting.

Fedora updates testing is useless on a development branch/test releases
and wont work. That repository is used for testing updates that are
scheduled for general releases. You only need fedora-devel and
extras-devel repositories enabled in the development branch/test
releases to participate in testing.

Rahul

Rahul