fc6pre PXE kickstart install: minor ipv6 problem

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Wed Oct 11 12:10:57 UTC 2006

Getting ready for FC6, I'm trying to set up
a kickstart installation of FC6Pre via PXE boot, NFS install.

It works, however, it takes nearly a minute to obtain
an IP number. By switching console I can see that it is
trying to get an IPv6 number as well as an IPv4 number.

This takes nearly a minute before it realizes that this isn't
available. Then it goes on with the installation, fetching
the kickstart file by http, etc.

Is there any boot options I can specify so that it won't
waste time looking for an IPv6 number?

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk