2.6.18-1.2189.fc5: Decreased data throughput?

Mostafa Afgani m.afgani.fedora at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 12 08:22:51 UTC 2006

On 10/12/06, Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> wrote:

> Note that this build has a lot of debugging stuff left turned on
> whilst its in updates-testing. Soon, I'll do another build which
> will have all this disabled.
>
> Performance testing debug kernels is pretty much a waste of time.

Thanks for letting me know.  I am definitely looking forward to the
release version of this kernel.

The dmesg output for the ICH8 sata controller shows:

ahci 0000:00:1f.2: AHCI 0001.0100 32 slots 4 ports ? Gbps 0x33 impl SATA mode
ahci 0000:00:1f.2: flags: 64bit ilck stag led pmp pio

which I suppose means that it is not detected properly yet and hence
ncq is not used. Is it due to a lack of support for the 965/ICH8
platform in the kernel?

>         Dave

TIA,
-M