titlebars with aixgl and nvidia drivers fc6

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 22:34:40 UTC 2006

Hello all,
after applying what explained in various postings, I can enable
desktop effects in my updated fc6 system with 9625 beta nvidia drivers
(installed by nvidia package) under the preferences submenu.
Only problem is about titlebars and windows borders disappearing.
Found some threads about this, but nothing solving my problem.
They suddenly appears as I disable again desktop effects.

My main sections:
Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "glx"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Videocard0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    Option         "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "true"
    Option         "RenderAccel" "true"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Videocard0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Viewport    0 0
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option      "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection

Card is EN-6600-LE from Asus.
Any tip about settings or debugging?
In gconf-editor metacity compositing manager functionality is disabled.
Thanks in advance
Gianluca