Kernel 2.6.18-1.2200 beeps too often

Clive Messer clive at vacuumtube.org.uk
Wed Oct 18 15:51:41 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 16:32, Dawid Gajownik wrote:
> Dnia 10/18/2006 05:12 PM, Użytkownik Leo napisał:
> > Someone in #fedora irc channel has said it cannot be blacklisted.
>
> alias pcspkr off
>
> in /etc/modprobe.conf does not work for you?

Interesting .....
2.6.18-1.2200 added support for the second network port on my motherboard via
the sky2 driver. Only problem is that it generates continuous messages 'eth1:
phy read timeout' on all consoles when network cable is not plugged in and is
unstable with a cable - network stops under heavy load. I tried to stop it
being loaded with 'alias sky2 off' in modprobe.conf, but the module is still
loaded after a reboot. Gave up and disabled the port in the bios. I'd be
curious too know what I need to do to stop it being loaded?

Clive
--
Clive Messer <clive at vacuumtube.org.uk>