which 'Version' for xorg-x11-drv-ati bugzilla tickets

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Wed Oct 18 21:01:00 UTC 2006

Hi All,

In searching bugzilla I notice that there are seemingly current bugs
entered for xorg-x11-drv-ati with Version: devel and also Version:
fc6test3.  What Version should be used for rawhide?

I'm using the ati driver (which works rather well with desktop effects
enabled) but with 3d games I get this:

[ct at jane ~]$ bzflag
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
*********************************WARN_ONCE*********************************
File radeon_mm.c function radeon_mm_alloc line 216
Ran out of GART memory!
Please consider adjusting GARTSize option.
Error: Could not get dma buffer... exiting
Error: Could not get dma buffer... exiting

[ct at jane ~]$ /sbin/lscpi | grep ATI
bash: /sbin/lscpi: No such file or directory
[ct at jane ~]$ /sbin/lspci | grep ATI
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV380 [Radeon
X600 (PCIE)]
01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV380 [Radeon X600]
[ct at jane ~]$

Thanks,

--
Craig