yum functions

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sun Oct 22 22:38:18 UTC 2006

On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 11:29:31AM -0700, Peter Gordon wrote:
> Mike Chambers wrote:
> > When using some of these, such as --enablerepo= and --exclude=, is there
> > a way to use just one option with multiple choices such as below...
> >
> > --enablerepo=one,two,three --exclude=package1,package1
> >
> > instead of one option per choice as is currently?
> >

> The way I do it is by using Bash's brace expansion:
>
> $ yum --enablerepo={repofoo,repobar,testing} --exclude={pkg1,libzoink} ...

Both --enablerepo and --disablerepo will also work with "shell
patterns"; i.e. '--disablerepo="f*" will disable all repositories
with names starting with "f" and so on.  Only sometimes it is
not obvious how to pick up appropriate patterns. :-)  Still this
can be mixed with other ways of specification.

   Michal