Fedora Core 6 Test Update: nautilus-2.16.0-7.fc6

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 01:57:21 UTC 2006

--- Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 24 October 2006 17:39, Antonio Olivares
> wrote:
> > I cannot get any updates.  I am running test
> version.
> > yum tells me that there are no packages for update
>
> A) you're running a test version which is now dead.
> B) you're repos are
> pointing to development and extras-development which
> means that you'll start
> getting packages for the next Fedora release, not
> updates to FC/E6.
>
> --
> Jesse Keating
> Release Engineer: Fedora
> > --

Got it!!   Brian Gaynor was very instrumental in
fixing the situation.  Downloaded the fedora-release
rpm from download page.  installed it and reran yum
now runnig Fedora Core 6 codename zod.  Thank you very
much for your kind explanation.  Last test release for
me was Fedora Core  5 Test 2, which I did a poor job
of testing (dialup connection, could not download
1.2+GB of updates) and I just left it there.  This
time, I followed through and enjoyed the ride. I have
learned many new things and appreciate all the
help/comments that the list provides.

Sorry for asking, but I had to go ahead and continue
the journey.

Regards,

Antonio