Fedora Core 6 Test Update: nautilus-2.16.0-7.fc6

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 12:04:58 UTC 2006

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/

> > [root at localhost olivares]# yum list updates
> > Setting up repositories
> > core                      100%
> > |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
>
> This appears to be enabled as it should be.
>
> > updates                   100%
> > |=========================|  951 B    00:00
>
> ditto ...
>
> > development               100%
> > |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
>
> You need to disable this repo. It probably dropped
> an rpmnew  or rpmsave
> file in the repository directory /etc/yum.repos.d -
> You need to either
> set enabled=1 to enabled=0 or replace the file with
> the rpmnew or
> rpmsave version which should be setup correctly.
>
> > extras                    100%
> > |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> > Reading repository metadata in from local files
> > primary.xml.gz            100%
>
> ditto ...
>

> > To get updates-testing, I need to enable it(how?),
>
> In the /etc/yum.repos.d directory, there should be a
> file called
> fedora-updates-testing.repo - You need to change
> enabled=0 to enabled=1
> and save the file.
>
> > I'll act upon recommendations from fellow testers
> and
> > advice.  Thanks for helping out.
>
> Right now, development and updates repos are
> probably colliding. I hope
> this advice is clear enough to get you started on
> FC6 and with the
> testing versions.
> Jim
>

> > Regards,
> >
> > Antonio
> >
> --
> We are Microsoft.  What you are experiencing is not
> a problem; it is an
> undocumented feature.
>
> --

Thank you all for your help.

Kevin,  Scott, Ernest, and Jim.  Have done exactly as
advised.  Have disabled fedora-development.repo by
changing enabled=1 in
/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-development.repo to enabled=0

and changed enabled=0 in
/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates-testing.repo to
enabled=1.

Regards,

Antonio