gnome-panel settings changed drastically

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Oct 1 03:42:10 UTC 2006

I started gnome and both the top and bottom panels were at the top left
of the screen. The panels were not set to expand or placed in the
expected places.
I was able to move the panels to the right places, add back the window
list, clock, desktop switcher and customize all as what was set up in
the panels before the update.
Are these panels supposed to no be small and with minimum features?
I had to adjust the desktop switcher up to 4 desktops from 1.
Also, gnome-terminal changed to a very light yellow from the usual white
background. Is this by design?

Jim
--
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
		-- William Allen White