rsync --delete broken?

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Mon Oct 2 03:29:45 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I've been trying to figure this out for a while, but haven't had much success.

I'm wanting to backup a few directories on a server to another machine
and I'm using:

rsync -vaz --delete user at host:/path /path

In theory, this should delete any files on the local machine that
don't exist on the source. This doesn't seem to work however.

If I do an rsync, create a file on the sender, rsync again, the file
copes across. If I delete this file from the sender, and rsync again,
the file still remains on the local machine.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au