FC6Pre images relelased!

ron flory ron.flory at adtran.com
Mon Oct 2 13:15:57 UTC 2006

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 06:42:18AM -0700, John Reiser wrote:
>> Today's rawhide updated a couple dozen packages already.  If you use
>> the rescue CD then you [are forced to] get those updates via HTTP or FTP.
>> Using the torrent image requires initiative to get those updates,
>> and you get them via the network anyway.
>
> The http/ftp functionality in the current (at least as of t2/t3) anaconda
> is unusable because it won't fail over between mirror sites when a package
> is missing (much the same was the CD needs to fail over to the net too).
>
> Maybe it works in the USA but the UK mirrors are never quite in sync enough
> for this to work with anything not at least 3-4 days old.

  Same problems here in southeast USA.  This last Thurs..Sat, all I
got was repeated error messages about mirror sites.  There doesn't
seem to be any provision (in the gui) to specify additional mirrors.

  I Finally got a clean update on Sunday.  This last batch cleaned up
a lot of issues I was seeing.

ron