Have reached a point where I feel p***ed

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Oct 5 17:40:13 UTC 2006

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:42:09 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Thursday 05 October 2006 10:08, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/197033
> >
> > It has been enough time to downgrade the driver or request more feedback
> > from users who are hit hard by this. But what has happened instead? The
> > "bugzilla > /dev/null" syndrom again. Zero interest in avoiding this
> > serious regression compared with FC5.
>
> Perhaps you could provide the log file that the maintainer is looking for and
> still hasn't received.

It escaped my attention that the Red Hat employee has not provided the
details he had been asked for and which he has promised to provide. There
are _three_ attachments, but not the right ones.

As I read incoming bugzilla mails, a simple reminder and request of what
is still needed would have helped. Particularly, since several of us
confirmed breakage and are in Cc.

Also, it is a question of politeness whether to attach multiple files to
another person's bug report. If several people in Cc do that, the list of
attachments can get confusing too easily. Sometimes you're flamed for not
opening a separate ticket. Sometimes the ticket is closed as duplicate
without a single friendly word.

The initially requested information was about disabling AIGLX.
Communication stalled at that point of time.

I've mentioned in the ticket that it works to downgrade the driver to
FC5. There hasn't been any reply to that either. No comment whether that
would be a valid way to create useful logs. No reply to later comments
added by others.

As long as I get the feeling that I'm ignored or that I will be flamed
again for adding comments or attachments to other person's tickets, I wait
for clear instructions before flooding bugzilla with too many details
which are not requested.

I'm surprised these show-stopper bug reports have not been added to any
tracker.