FC6 Pre first attempt failed

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Tue Oct 10 15:58:59 UTC 2006

I thought I would give it a go, so I got the DVD using the torrent.

1) The Media test failed, but the sha1sum was correct.
2) The install would not progress past the X cursor.

The system I tested it on is a tricky beast. It has SATA,
SATA RAID and PATA drives, as well as a dual head nVidia
AGP 8X video card. During start up both SATA chip sets were
found, and apparently the standard nVidia driver works.

>From what I could tell, there was no disk activity once the
X cursor was displayed. I flipped through the pseudo terminals
and did not notice any errors.

When I get another chance to test, I will try a text install
then I will disconnect the SATA drives like I had to do to get
FC5 to install, and see how far I get then.

Question: Does the installer scan all drives for previous installs?

If it does, then that might explain the apparent inactivity.
I use the machine as a video archive server, and have over a
terrabyte of storage. I am not certain if reading from all
drives are indicated on the HD LED so it may not appear to be
doing anything.