Have reached a point where I feel p***ed

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Tue Oct 10 21:12:26 UTC 2006

tir, 10 10 2006 kl. 15:57 -0400, skrev Ernest L. Williams Jr.:

> Forgive me, if I ask a dumb/newbie question.
> What does it mean by upstream?

Generally this means the source of the product, e.g. the Apache project
being upstream for the apache package. The gain of getting fixes
upstream naturally being that the problem is solved for everyone at once
and downstream (in this case the Fedora project) doesn't have to carry
and support a patch, a counterproductive and wasteful way to spend our
time.

- David Nielsen