FC6 Pre first attempt failed

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Wed Oct 11 17:11:43 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 11:25 -0400, Peter Jones wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 11:06 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > >
> > > Are you sure about that?  Concensus around here is that Anaconda would
> > > never create something with a dash in it like that unless the user
> > > specifically asked for it.

I did not make it up, I just let Anaconda name them, because I had
never used LVM and did not know how to do it myself.

> > It was pointed out to me that 'VolGroup01' is the Volume Group name,
> > and 'LogVol01' is the logical volume name.  The crash problem is when the
> > Volume Group itself has dashes (as its reported Suse likes to do) giving you
> > something like /dev/mapper/My-Volgroup-Mylogvol01
>
> Of course, I still can't reproduce the problem, either.
>
> There _is_ a bug which prevents me from assigning mountpoints (or
> editing at all) some previously defined logical volumes, but I can't
> currently replicate the problem mentioned in this thread.
I will get a new drive and install FC5 from scratch using a default
installation, then try to upgrade it and see if the same thing happens.

I may be able to do it tonight, but I am running a complex audit
query in PostgreSQL that I started before going to bed last night
and it hadn't finished yet this morning. If it is done, I will
be able to do the test, otherwise I will have to determine why
the audit is taking so long.