SD Card Reader in my Inspiron 6000 actually works!

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Fri Oct 13 18:12:28 UTC 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 05:59:17AM -0700, Paul Dickson wrote:

> Any way I can get Gnome to automount these devices with the vfat option
> shortname=lower instead of it's current shortname=winnt?

The only way I know is to take gnome-mount sources, modify,
recompile and reinstall.  Various mount options are hardwired in
gnome-mount sources and if you do not like them then tough or use
autofs instead.

Number of people complained about that in the past and some
mythical "Policy Kit" was mentioned which, maybe, will show up
some day and it will allow for adjustments but so far this looks
like a very distant "maybe".

   Michal