Another slip in the FC6 schedule

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Mon Oct 16 21:35:25 UTC 2006

> Over the weekend we ran into a few more bugs with Fedora Core 6 that we
> decided were important enough to fix.  There were some multilib compose
> issues (wrong packages landing in the wrong dirs), some translation files
> that would cause tracebacks in things like anaconda (whoops), and a
> fedora-release package that forgot to enable updates (double whoops).  For
> these reasons and a few others, we decided to respin the release candidate
> tree and push the release date out another couple of days.
>
> The current plan is to spin a release candidate this evening with some last
> minute fixes, and start the sync.  Validation has gone very well up to this
> point and baring any blow ups in the spin process, the release looks very
> solid.  We're planning to release on Thursday Oct 19th.  This should give the
> mirrors enough days to sync up.  If things blow up horribly and we have to
> spin again tomorrow, depending on what time we have to respin we may slip
> until next week, as releasing on Fridays or Mondays gets you the wrath of the
> mirror admins (:

Does this mean, that the respin will consist of what is currently in
rawhide as of today (10/16)?

Or what is currently frozen, and just that tree there will be fixes and
*that* is what is respun? (In other words, if I had did an install test
from rawhide over the weekend, would I be ahead of the game or even with
FC6 release?)

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sex is like air, it's not important unless your not getting any!"