[OT] nouveau packages for Fedora

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Oct 17 00:09:40 UTC 2006

Dawid Gajownik wrote:
> Dnia 10/16/2006 02:25 PM, Użytkownik Jim Cornette napisał:
>> make -C /usr/src/kernels/-i686  SUBDIRS=`pwd` DRMSRCDIR=`pwd` modules
>
> That can mean that:
> 1° you have not placed kmodtool in ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES directory or

I failed to read the portion about kmodtools.

> 2° I have done something stupid in niff script ;-)
>
> Could you give me output of "uname -r" command?

2.6.18-1.2784.fc6

>> It probably would have automatically changed the entry in the
>> xorg.conf if the build process ever got that far through.
>
> I thought in previous mail that compilation finished without a problem.

I saw the 9 rpms in the RPMS/i386 directory in the build directory and
thought all was well since there were rpms present and they were
installable. My fault, sorry.

>> nouveau service will disable nouveau driver if kernel module is not
>
> Oh, it's in xorg-x11-drv-nouveau package. It builds after kmod-drm.
kmod-drm is where I had the failure, so no wonder.

> Thanks for testing,

No problem, sorry I am so used to working binary rpms that I am out of
touch with building them from source rpms. I'll try to understand the
process better.

Jim

--
<Endy> taniwha: Have you TESTED this one? :)
<taniwha> Endy: of course not