Another slip in the FC6 schedule

ronald rwarsow at online.de
Wed Oct 18 20:29:33 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 October 2006 22:14, ronald wrote:
>> okay then.
>>
>> my suggestion is:
>> do a complete respin or whatsoever and *then* announce a release date.
>>
>> just my opinion !
>>
>> okay ?
>
> We did that.  The problem was that initial tests I did showed promising.  The
> problem was that AFTER we started the sync that would go to mirrors some
> things were caught in regression.  This time around all these regressions
> were tested fixed before we announced, but that doesn't mean some user in
> some configuration we don't have here could find a showstopper before we send
> to the mirrors.  It is better to be more vocal about whats going on than a
> black box.

it's always difficult to me to express my thoughts in correct english
sentences. therefore it's always a one-sentence-statement, which could
be misunderstood and i believe here also: my email wasn't a complaint !

-iirc- you and all working on fedora are (at least) since mid sept.
under steam to hold this *shitty* date.

why/where is the need to raise this steam by announcing *dates* in a
weekly beat ?

means: take that time you need to release a proper fc6.

i believe the peoples are more interested in quality then in this
release *date*.

and - reading between the lines - yesterday it was notedly (fc5 on
production boxes is at least a compliment to FC5 and all involved people !)

but repetitively slip dates and "draft draft draft" on the schedule site
is honest, but have a psychological effect also.

that all.

okay ?

btw:
i personally have no problems with the running fc6-devel here.

--

    ronald