[OT] nouveau packages for Fedora

Dawid Gajownik gajownik at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 20:45:02 UTC 2006

Dnia 10/19/2006 12:44 AM, Użytkownik Jim Cornette napisał:

> Is this source checkout and compile similar to that of Gentoo
> installations?

Yes, it's a *bit* similar to portage ;) niff script do not support USE
flags and it's written in bash scripting language (not python), though :P

It's like emerging some ebuilds but the final output is RPM.

> I get the same failure with the new script. The config.h file missing is
> one complaint on exit from the script.

It's a bug in drm sources. It should be fixed soon. You can remove all

#include <linux/config.h>

from drm/linux-core/* files or (the easier but uglier way):

touch /usr/src/kernels/<version>-<arch>/include/linux/config.h

> I do like the concept that the niff script is using to build these
> modules also.

I forgot to mention -- you can always skip some stages (for instance
update part). Run 'niff help' for more details.

> So until then, I'll check the site for newer versions occasionally.

You can always subscribe to this page to be informed about updates. :)

Once again thanks for testing,
	Dawid

--

   ^_*