FC6 install issues

Claude Jones cjones at patriot.net
Sat Oct 21 23:45:50 UTC 2006

On Sat October 21 2006 2:45 pm, ronald wrote:
> Claude Jones wrote:
> > I found a mirror that had gone 'live' with the DVD, so I
> > downloaded and tried to install FC6 - here's my first results
>
> are you sure it's the final release ?
>
> 1. you steal j. keating's earned show !
> 2. some releases ago, there was something similar, but at least
> the server admin's had moved the devel tree to a final release
> dir.

Every release, this discussion occurs. Jesse already noted that
the final release had gone out to the mirrors within the last day
or two. Mirror admins deal with this differently. Some create the
folder, make it readable, and put the iso's there. Some create
the folder but don't allow access. Some don't create the folder
at all till the last minute. So, I just found one. Someone always
does - and each time, someone else asks if they're sure it's the
final release - I'm not absolutely sure, but, I'm reasonably
sure, it is. You can't get very far doing this early jump, except
beat the stampede - none of the repos I use are up yet, so I
can't start installing the extra packages I like to use,yet.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA