AIGLX on Laptop

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at graze.net
Mon Oct 23 20:07:45 UTC 2006

All,

I emailed once before, but used HTML, so it may not have gone through correctly.  I have a Toshiba Tecra S1 laptop which uses the Radeon Mobility 9000 chipset.  In the xorg.conf it says it's using the "radeon" driver.

I initially installed Fedora from rawhide about a week ago (basically the release tree) on the laptop without an external display.  Compiz / AIGLX worked great (and still does) on the LCD display.  However when I brought it into work and docked it (using an external monitor), it booted with an extremely high resolution and the effects were all messed up.  I've since changed my person preferences to 1280x1024 and also the system-config-display to 1280x1024, but the effects still don't work as expected.  I see no menu items and the screen appears to stop about 3/4 away across (from the left side).

Is there something additional that I need to configure?

Thanks,
Brian