Terrible display flickering after FC5 update today

Giuseppe Castagna Giuseppe.Castagna at ens.fr
Sun Oct 29 13:20:15 UTC 2006

Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:12:51 -0400
> Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> It shouldn't be doing so anymore, at least in FC6.

It still does it on mine. I have a ATI radeon X800-GL with a 21"
Viewsonic LCD display (VP211b) that I push at 1600x1200 60Hz 24bit color.

The flickering is very slight: small dottes white, blue lines from half
to 2 inches long appear randomly for a fraction of seconds and just
limited to the black zones of the screen.

Solutions such as switching back and forth to console or killing X
randomly succeed (but sometimes X even refuses to start). I use
xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.6.2-4.fc6

---Beppe---