[off topic(slightly)] New hardware compatibility

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero Fulko.Hew at sita.aero
Fri Sep 1 12:52:41 UTC 2006

Although slightly off topic, who best to comment on new hardware
compatibility, than new software testers!

I need to buy a new, replacement laptop and am looking at the
Dell Inspiron 9400.  But I'm concerned with the compatibility/driver
issues especially w.r.t the video and audio support.

For video, this machine can have either the onboard Intel 950,
ATI x1400, or NVidia GeoForce Go 7900 GS at resolutions of either
1920x1080 or 1680x1050.

Does Xorg therefore FC6 drive these resolutions on these video chips?

Also, you get your choice of audio, is audio in _and_ out supported?

Can anybody with one of these notebooks share their experiences?

TIA