bcm43xx steps on ndiswrapper

Patrick von der Hagen patrick at wudika.de
Wed Sep 13 14:52:24 UTC 2006

James schrieb:
> Thanks.. I would love to use the bcm43xx module but it is flaky at best
> on my Dell Latitude D800.. ndiswrapper works really well.
I'm not quite sure whether it's the "real" kernel-bcm43xx-module. It
might be related to some fedora-patches as well.
Currently I have six fedora-kernels installed and with each new release
the bcm43xx-compatibility seems to change. E.g. if I unplug my cable and
boot up 2630, the system crashes when initilaising mit network-config.
Doing the same with some older kernel (IIRC 2614) lets me at least start
up my system.

I gave Knoppix 5 a try and had no problems related to the bcm43xx.
However, since I had no wpa_supplicant available, I could only toy
around a littel bit, so that did not qualify as a "real" test.

--
CU,
   Patrick.