metacity aiglx ati x600

Mads Villadsen maxx at krakoa.dk
Thu Sep 14 16:10:32 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 15:36 -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> Compositing was dropped from metacity as compiz was deemed the one true
> path. Install compiz and then enable with Preferences->More
> Preferences->Desktop Effects.

That is simply not true - at least not for the gnome project (and I hope
not for the fedora project as well).

It is clearly stated in the release notes for gnome 2.16 that metacity
has many different effects. However it also states that it has to be
compiled with a special option to work.

So maybe --enable-compositor has not been used when compiling the
metacity rpm?
--
Mads Villadsen <maxx at krakoa.dk>