yum-updated running confuses yum?

frob at rtdti.com frob at rtdti.com
Fri Sep 15 20:19:37 UTC 2006

Hi,

Am I just lame, or should I have to stop yum-updatesd service
to get yum to work from the command line or pirut from
Applications/Add/Remove SW menu?  They complain that yum is
already running (var/run/yum.pid exists).  Stopping yum-updatesd
seems to make both of them happy, at least.

This is after a fresh install of FC6TEST3 from CD.
I don't remember this problem with FC6TEST2,
but I never used yum-updatesd.  It is clearly auto-started now,
but I don't know if that is new or not.

If I'm not lame (unlikely) should a bug be filed
under yum or yum-updatesd? (which?)

Robert
--
Robert Dowling -- f as in fedora, rob as in robert <AT> rtdti.com