FC4 test 3 problems

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Tue Sep 19 12:58:17 UTC 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, parta wrote:

> Hi
>
> I noticed few small glitches with the new FC6t3:
>
> Installation was trouble free. But problems soon started popping up
>
> I was not able to set x resolution below 1200 x 1152 using the gui utility
> for display management. Was only fixed when I added the following code to my
> xorg.conf
> Section "Monitor"
>       Identifier   "Monitor0"
>       VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
>       ModelName    "Samsung SyncMaster 793S/793V/CM173G"
>       HorizSync    40.0 - 50.0
>       VertRefresh  80.0 - 120.0
>       Option      "dpms"
> EndSection
> and  the following subsection under screen
> SubSection "Display"
>               Viewport   0 0
>               Depth     24
>               Modes    "1024x768"
> EndSubSection

This is definitely the new autoconfiguration only feature. The xorg is
left for almost complete autoconfiguration, which is great idea, but has
still a lot of hickups. It may be, that your monitor is not providing
correct DDC, but I'll not bet for it. You can check it in Xorg.0.log, what
it gets from monitor.

> Rest is cool untill now. Infact a lot of things are better than previous
> releases.
>
> Cheers !
>
> Pritam Ghanghas

Adam Pribyl