how to set lower resolution in fc6t3 xorg?

Marius Andreiana mandreiana.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 16:58:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

FC6t3's xorg.conf does't have anymore the Modes "1024x768" "800x600"...
line anymore. I've tried adding it but it doesn't recognize the option
(in Screen section).

How to set a lower resolution than the default? (don't want to use
Desktop preferences, which takes effect only after user logs in).
system-config-display offers a choice of "1024x768" or "800x600", I
guess from the commented line in xorg.conf. I removed the line but it
still doesn't change anything.

Thanks,
--
Marius Andreiana