new development firefox wont install

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Sep 21 22:49:42 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 06:40:28PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thursday 21 September 2006 18:21, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> > Ah, but there is no seamonkey in the distribution either.
> > There is seamonkey-1.0.5-1.fc6 in extras but I do not think that
> > it obosoletes, or provides, "mozilla" although I did not check
> > that particular package.
>
> Just because its in Extras doesn't mean it can't replace.

It can, if you are aware of that piece of information that seamonkey
is "a new mozilla", but this does not happen automatically as yum
does not have suitable "obsoletes" to lean on.  I do not think also
that it provides an executable named 'mozilla' and various pieces
of software may expect to find someting like that.

   Michal