yum access to fc6 mirror sites

glenn gsimpson at mountaincable.net
Sat Sep 23 19:10:23 UTC 2006

Is there a solution to the yum access of mirror sites for FC6.
Currently only the Ibiblio site is accessed.  That site is very out of
date, and if it has anything you are trying to fetch, it is trottle at
abt 17 KB/s (only slightly faster than dialup).

I keep seeing the buildsys reports that show new pkgs updates have been
generated, but when Ibiblio does not update, those updates are not
available to testor like myself.

Is this a problem with some update to yum, OR is the mirror support
system mucked up.  I used to find yum would try to work with numerous
alternative mirror sites.

Glenn