Nvidia bata & desktop effects

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de
Sun Sep 24 16:22:55 UTC 2006

dragoran wrote:
> Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
>> Lars G wrote:
>>
>> With that option my desktop background turns black, the windows don't
>> "wobble" anymore and everything is still extremely slow.
>>
>> I tried a current git checkout from freedesktop.org that support the
>> --use-cow option. That improves performance a lot (and makes compiz
>> actually usable) but I get the same blck desktop problem as mentioned
>> above.
>>
> what if you use both cow and direct rendering?

The git version already defaults to direct rendering. When I start compiz
from a shell I see a ton of these errors though:

compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bd8c to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011e can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bcd7 to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011c can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bd8c to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011e can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bcd7 to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011c can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bd8c to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011e can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bcd7 to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011c can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bd8c to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011e can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bcd7 to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011c can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bd8c to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011e can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bcd7 to texture

Any idea what this could mean?

Regards,
   Dennis