Nvidia beta & desktop effects

Jay Cliburn jacliburn at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 25 01:06:55 UTC 2006

Dwaine Garden wrote:
> I finally got it going with gnome.   I have no noticed any slow down what so ever.
> I'm even compiling two applications and watching a divx movie with mplayer.
>
> The screen updates on the wobble are sliky smooth.   I'm very impressed.

Dwaine, would you mind posting your xorg.conf?  I can't seem to get off the
ground with compiz.  I got the Nvidia beta 9625 driver installed and working
easily enough, but when I start compiz, I get this:

[jcliburn at osprey ~]$ compiz --replace gconf
compiz: No sync extension

I'm running rawhide x86_64.  I'd appreciate any other hints or tips to get it
working.

Thanks,
Jay