Nfs-utils update not working due to missing dependencies

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Fri Sep 29 01:06:04 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 11:18:06PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
> >On Thursday 28 September 2006 13:24, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >>Doesnt seem to. I see a number of package update dependency issues. Last
> >>one before this was the bind-config/caching-nameserver mess.
> >
> >That was partly due to me not clicking the button to check for broken deps.
> >

> Curious. Are we planning to get this system in place for Fedora Extras
> or Fedora Legacy updates too? Why do you have to manually click a button
> to get the tests running instead of it running by default?

I'm working on a redesign of the current update system to allow it to
encompass Core/Extras/Legacy.  The current system that is in place is
gets the job done, but is not modular and is a pain to maintain.  I'm
working on porting it to the TurboGears stack, and making it dead simple
to plug in modules to any part of the package update process.

The dependency checking is currently a button because it takes *forever*
and sometimes brings up false-positives.  I'm going to prod at the code
this weekend and see if I can get this issue resolved once and for all.

luke