"busy" disk trouble

ronald rwarsow at online.de
Sat Sep 30 00:32:52 UTC 2006

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 01:37:46AM +0200, ronald wrote:
>> Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>>> ??? Neither fuser, nor lsof, nor searches for anything else reveal
>>> why /dev/sdb1 could be "in use".
>> take a look at
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2006-September/msg02311.html
>>
>> the last part !
>
> You really mean "Re: Setting hostname error, at startup" posting?
the hostname error lead my to the solution of my problem to access my
disk at the fc6t3 installation:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-September/msg00206.html

> I have some doubts if this is really a dmraid issue as at some
> moment I had no dmraid in my initrd at all and this did not help.
> I my try that later again.  I do not have any RAID on my test box.

my disk was not accessible caused by a membership in a raid system month
ago, but still containing a label/signature from that.
i could fdisk the drive, but couldn't not swap on it or delete/create
partitions/file systems on it.

after reading your posting i remembered it, but if it's not your
problem: okay ! it was just my idea...

--
    ronald