Where to log bug: FC6t2 X crash for "savage"?

frob at rtdti.com frob at rtdti.com
Thu Sep 7 20:47:58 UTC 2006

I'm new here and IRC hasn't proven fruitful....

A question about bug reporting etiquette:

FC6T2, X is consistently crashing deader than a door nail (need to
cycle power) with blank screen at startup for an S3 "savage".  I've
seen this intermittently with FC5 (but dismissed it [sorry] when I got
it working), and just for kicks I found that the Ubuntu 6.06 Live CD
dies also.  Crashes with original xorg.conf as well as one from
`Xorg -configure`.

  xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.1.1-34.fc6
  xorg-x11-xinit-1.0.2-9.fc6
  xorg-x11-drv-savage-2.1.1-5.fc6

My overpopulated gut tells me it's an "upstream" issue, but what does
it know?

My question is this: To whom should I report it?
In Fedora bugzilla somewhere?  Elsewhere?  Here?

Thanks,
Rob
--
Robert Dowling -- f as in fedora, rob as in robert <AT> rtdti.com