yum-updatesd

Paul Michael Reilly pmr at pajato.com
Wed Sep 13 09:37:18 UTC 2006

I installed yum-updatesd (rawhide) two days ago, started it up, things
looked good and I moved on to other pressing (but irrelevant) issues.
This morning I went to use yum and was rudely told that yum is busy.
OK, so I'll wait a few minutes ... it must be updating.  ... Now, 20
minutes later, I'm not so sure.  Stopping the service and then doing
an update reveals many packages so now it looks clear that
yum-updatesd was not doing it's thing very well at all, and, if I
screwed up configuring it, the logs made me none the wiser.  The log
file is attached below.  Any insights on how I might get to the bottom
of what is going on?

-pmr

[main]
# how often to check for new updates (in seconds)
run_interval = 3600
# how often to allow checking on request (in seconds)
updaterefresh = 600

# how to send notifications (valid: dbus, email, syslog)
#emit_via = dbus
emit_via = email

# automatically install updates
#do_update = no
do_update = yes
# automatically download updates
#do_download = no
do_download = yes
# automatically download deps of updates
#do_download_deps = no
do_download_deps = yes