FC6T3 Install results

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 15 02:15:54 UTC 2006

Jim Cornette wrote:
> Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 11:06 -0500, Gerry Tool wrote:
>>
>>> 4. There is no longer a check box in the nautilus Properties > Behavior
>>> tab to set nautilus to open in browser format by default.  This means
>>> each time I want a browser (95% of the time) I need to right-click and
>>> select an option.  Is there another way to set the default?
>>
>> Thats odd. I still see the "Always open in browser windows" checkbox
>> in the behavior tab in my test3 installation...
>>
>> Matthias
>>

> I'm glad that this is still in preferences for selection. I hope that
> the always use text-entry location bar is there as well.
>
> One thing that I do not understand is putting preferences selections in
> gconf-editor instead of the application you want to get to work as you
> may desire. Also, why is gconf-editor mot installed by default if it is
> needed to configure sanity into applications?
>
> I'm still downloading the DVD image so I did not install test 3 yet. I
> hope that the choices are still there in preferences > behavior.
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,

Please do me a favor and check whether gconf-editor is selected by
default when you do the install.  I suspect I caused my own problem by
deselecting it, but can't remember that I did for sure.  I agree that
the application itself should have sufficient facilities to provide the
selection mechanism.  The "always use text-entry location bar"
preference is there if gconf-editor is installed.

Thanks.

Gerry