FC6t3 - LVM space calculations in anaconda, off by 1?

Wojtek.Pilorz wpilorz at bdk.pl
Sat Sep 16 22:22:50 UTC 2006

I have recently installed FC6t3 over previous FC6t2 install
(no upgrade did not work at all,
 is it  supposed to work? If so I will report details)

I had several filesystems on LVM in FC6t2 (root was on 'native'
partition) and all space in volume group was allocated to logical volumes.

With the same setup anaconda claimed that too much space is allocated to
LVs (over 100%, one 32MB block too much)

After I redefined LVs to satisfy anaconda in FC6t3 install (so that it
reported 100% of space in VG allocated to LVs) install went smoothly.

After FC6t3 system was started, LVM reported that 32MB (1 block) of space
in VG in unallocated.

Seems to me like a bug introduced in anaconda LVM handling between FC6t2
and FC6t3.

Best regards,

Wojtek