FC6T3 Install on Acer Aspire 5601AWLMi laptop (long)

Patrick fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 18 14:26:21 UTC 2006

Hi Ron,

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 08:27 -0500, ron flory wrote:
> hi-
>
>   Fresh install of TC6T3 using DVD.
>
> 1. intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) Sound card is silent (same problem under
>     FC6T2).
>     lspci: 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family)
>            High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)

A few weeks back there was a long thread on either fedora or fedora-test
list about the sound on an Acer laptop not working. There was a solution
posted. Iirc the solution is getting a recent alsa version and
installing that one.

> 2. X only appears to be able to use 1024x768 resolution.  LCD is
>     1280x800 native.  No matter what I do with "system-configure-
>     display", I can't get it to run higher resolution.  This worked
>     correctly under FC6T2 once I told it the LCD capabilities.

X does not even come up if I don't add something likethis to xorg.conf
in the videocard section:

Options MonitorLayout "LVDS,NONE"

Maybe try that since 1024x768 looks like the max output of the tv out.

Regards,
Patrick