FC/6 Test 3 64bit Trouble

alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Sep 19 00:22:48 UTC 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, David Burgess wrote:

> Nope, the install does not complete, as a matter of fact it doesn't even
> really start.
>
> It gets as far as "Searching for previous installations", the screen suddenly
> goes black and that is that.
>
> I have to do a hardware reset.

Try hitting ctrl-alt-F3 before it gets to that point and see if there are
any identifiable errors that are getting kicked out.  Also see if you can
use the rescue disc to grab the install log.  Might help in figuring out
what is going wrong.  It works on mine, but I have some differences in
hardware.