FC5 Kernel Issues

Mail List lists at sapience.com
Wed Sep 20 03:36:45 UTC 2006

On Monday 18 September 2006 17:18, Kevin DeKorte wrote:
> On my FC5 machine I was recently upgraded to kernel 2.6.17-1.2187_FC5.

> Has anyone else, had any issue with X becoming non-responsive with 2187.

   Similar troubles here.

   I had trouble immediately after installing 2187 - machine locked up within
a few minutes (IBM T42 laptop, ATI M10 graphics). No tainted modules.

    No trouble with 2174 and no hangs at all with Dave Jones test kernel 3001
(aside from a fail to lock message with test kernel - unrelated).

    This was repeatable - my session hung totally - a few minutes after
starting to work on each of 3 tries before I gave up and reverted kernel. I
could not change VC's either - power cycle was all I could do.

  g/