Nvidia bata & desktop effects

Dwaine Garden dwainegarden at rogers.com
Sat Sep 23 21:15:55 UTC 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: listman <listman at nerdherdclan.com>
To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 12:19:15 PM
Subject: Re: Nvidia bata & desktop effects

On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 14:00 +0200, Lars G wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 21:37 -0700, listman wrote:
> > I know this may not be the place to post but thought it might interest
> > some.
> > All you nvidia fans can use desktop effects with the new beta drive.
> > Only problem so far is no border,so I'm unable to move or resize the
> > window.
> > Cube desktop works well.
>
> setting
> Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "on"
> in xorg.conf fixed this for me.
>
> Also there is an interesting thread on
> http://www.compiz.net/topic-4707-nvidia-aiglx-compiz
> Would be nice to know how to use this slowdown fix in fedora.
>

> cheers
> --
> Lars G <terraformers at gmail.com>

That didn't seem to fix anything for me, I'm running 64bit ver.
I also ran into another problem, if I try to run a terminal I just get a
white box, the console never shows up.
I'm sure this has more to do with the nvidia driver and compiz not sure
if it needs to be filed or not.

I'm still getting the missing borders too.  Noticed that the AddARGBGLXVisuals failed
if the default depth was set to anything lower than 24 in the screen section.