Nvidia bata & desktop effects

listman listman at nerdherdclan.com
Sat Sep 23 22:46:57 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 17:15 -0400, Dwaine Garden wrote:

> [...]
Thats funny I saw something in my logs complaining about using 32 I'll
try 24.
OK checked the log
"(WW) NVIDIA(0) 32-bit ARGB GLX visuals are only supported in depth 24"
That explains it.
the nextt line disables it.

I'm not using the patch, I may give that a shot. I'm trying not to patch
anything, I want the install to stay clean ... well somewhat anyway I
guess I blew that out with the nvidia beta driver.