Receding Desktop: fc6t3 86x64 on MSI p965 neo

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sun Sep 24 16:34:20 UTC 2006

Both text and normal graphic install fail to complete

System has four SATA drives and an IDE DVD writer.
FWIW I haven't found a Linux that can deal with the
way MSI hacked the IDE bus.  XP and Vista32 load
without problems but CDROM runs very slowly in XP.

I will take the box back to the dealer for a motherboard
swap or something.  Nothing in the BIOS settings makes it better.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665