FC6 and laptop suspend/resume: should be a high priority bug

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sun Sep 24 20:18:13 UTC 2006

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 03:57:26PM -0400, Horst H. von Brand wrote:

 > > The only real blocker items wrt to the kernel are
 > >
 > > "doesn't install"
 > > "doesn't boot"
 > > "can't download updates"
 >
 > Got that one right... see the thread about yum seeing no updates ;-)
 >
 > > "corrupts data"
 >
 > Could we add "X starts, but only shows a blank screen; no keyboard or mouse
 > response"? (Happened to me yesterday after the updates from the day before,
 > haven't had time to corroborate)

Most of the time this is nothing to do with the kernel.
But given by default the installer uses X, this comes under 'doesnt install'
kinda. sorta.  Ok, the user *could* use text mode, and then yum update
to a hopefully fixed X, but it's a pain for some less technically inclined
users.  I'd add this as a "shouldfix" rather than "mustfix" personally.

	Dave