Fedora Artwork = Staring Into The Ether

Benjy Grogan benjy.grogan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 20:52:42 UTC 2006

On 9/23/06, Rahul <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Benjy Grogan wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I don't normally criticize art.  I understand that a lot of work goes
> > into it and it's a mysterious process that takes a lot of guesswork
> > but I'm completely baffled by the choice of artwork in FC6T3 so I must
> > criticize.  It's so dark that you can't see the highlights in grub,
> > and you can hardly see where those spirals begin and end.  You're left
> > staring into an ether, wondering where the cathode ray is right now.
> > It's depressing.  Ubuntu and OpenSuse, and FC5 have joyous themes.
> > What happened?
> >
> > Benjy
>
> Whats the version of fedora-logos you have on your system?

fedora-logos-1.1.53-2.fc6

It's the latest I can get.  But I'm not on rawhide.

> The latest
> updates have lightened up the theme
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/FC6ThemeModifications

So I've seen no changes so far with all the FC6 updates installed.
I'm not sure how much more lightened the theme is but wouldn't a
bright startup be better?  The FC6 background looks nicer from the
above link (though it's not in the FC6 updates yet) but wasn't the
grub/gdm/login a lot more simple and pleasant before?

Benjy

P.S. I'm actually able to see where the spirals begin and end by
looking through the translucency of a window.