F7-T3 RAID/LVM Install Failure

Brian Hanks bhanks at bhanks.com
Mon Apr 2 00:02:07 UTC 2007

I've been testing Redhat and Fedora releases for longer than I can recall
and this one has been the most disappointing.  I've tried to install Test1,
Test 2, and now Test 3, but all have been unsuccessful.  I was simply
looking to install this new release on my TEST machine using the exisiting
partition scheme.  I typically use RAID 1 for /, /boot, and /var.  I use
RAID 1 with LVM for the remainder.  When I install these new releases, I
reformat almost everything except for /home and a few of my data partitions.
Unfortunately, I can install F7-T3 because the installer doesn't recognize
my RAID 1 partitions, nor does it recognize my LVM configuration.  Instead,
I see /dev/md1 repeated over and over and I see no LVM info.  A similar
problem was present in the early releases of FC6, but it was fixed
relatively quickly.  Not so with this latest release.  At this point, I'm
just hoping that it's fixed before the final spin.

-- Brian