FC6 -> FC7t3 upgrade can lead to incorrect grub config

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 09:38:07 UTC 2007

Hi

I tried to upgrade a FC6 machine to FC7t3 using the DVD. Anaconda didn't
find the grub config. I asked it to make a new installation of grub and
the resulting menu.lst had incorrect numbers for the HD, eg. (1,2)
instead of (0,2).

The symptoms were: grub menu behaved erratically (unable to edit boot
commands); grub wasn't able to load a kernel, and the machine reset
continually.

I used the rescue disc to boot and edited the menu.lst to (0,x) instead
of (1,x) throughout, and the FC7t3 install was fine.

Is this a known problem or should I put it into BZ? I couldn't find
anything relevant in BZ last night.

-Cam

--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--